@ The Black Diamond Woman’s Trail Pro Shock trekking poles are Woman specific all-around poles with an excellent balance of comfort, features and affordability. The three piece, ultralight, narrow diameter aluminum shafts, reduce weight without sacrificing strength. Dual FlickLock Pro pole locking mechanisms allow for easy length adjustment and improved strength and clamping force. The poles also feature the patent-pending Control Shock Technology™ (CST) for progressive four-stage shock absorption. The padded adjustable 360 degree Padded Wrist Straps are Left and Right hand specific for added comfort. They feature Interchangeable Tech Tips with WaveLock technology to easily switch from Rubber or Carbide tips depending on the terrain you are
- The ultralight, narrow diameter aluminum shafts resist corrosion and reduce weight without sacrificing strength.
- Dual Density Foam grips are specifically sized for a Woman’s grip. They also offer an extended foam sleeve on the upper shafts that has ridges and is made of soft, comfortable EVA foam to handle switchbacks and abrupt changes in terrain easily without having to adjust your poles.
- The patent-pending Control Shock Technology™ (CST) is a progressive four-stage shock absorption system that handles hard compression without bottoming out. The CST absorbs light and medium strikes without a pogo-ing rebound. The external design maximizes pole collapsibility and is very quiet.
- The FlickLock Pro locking mechanism offers all the benefits and dependability of the Classic FlicLock with the durability and strength of stainless steel. The result is a lower profile design with a dramatic improvement in quality, feel and clamping force. To adjust the pole you “flick” the lock open with your finger, slide the section to where you want it and press the lock closed for solid and sure adjustments.
- Adjustable 360 degree left and right hand specific webbing wrist strap for a great fit. They also have a “soft-to-the-touch” strap lining for added comfort.
* Some initial impressions of my new hiking poles. These weigh 13 oz in the 120 cm fixed length. UPDATE: Put 100km on these poles this weekend (much of it off trail) and the proved very durable. Love the compactness when stowed (in a packraft on the water or in a pack while climbing. The reason the straps are so long is, you’re supposed to but your hand in from the bottom of the loop with the strap in the “v” of your hand. Works much better this way.
Black Diamond Distance Z Trekking Pole Review